Friday 15 September 2017

We Need to Talk About... Sophia Lillis.



On Tuesday evening, two friends and I went to see the new IT remake. I was in love.
Now let me tell you, I've been hyped up about this film since they announced they were remaking. When they released the trailer, my excitement levels exploded. 
When Tuesday night rolled around, thankfully, I was not disappointed. It's not a perfect film by any means, but I think it's one of my favourite horror movies already. And I'm not someone who particularly enjoys the horror genre, so that's saying something. 

But there was one person who stuck out the most for me. 
Sophia Lillis plays Beverly Marsh, the only girl in the group of teenage misfits, who band together to form "The Losers Club" and take down the evil Pennywise.
At just 15, Sophia's resume includes 37 and A Midsummer nights dream, and she'll soon appear on Sharp Objects.

It was Lillis' sweet charm and brave personality that transpired throughout the film. For me she stole the whole show. 
I've seen others say they didn't like her character being portrayed as a damsel in distress, but I didn't see it like that. I saw Beverly as a young girl who was strong and kicks ass despite all the awful things that she endured in her life. 

I get strong Molly Ringwald vibes in Sophia. And no, I'm not just saying that due to her red hair, or a certain line that appears in IT. I truly believe this girl has long career ahead of her. Her charming and relatable personality mixed in with pure talent will take her far. Coming from me, that's big. I'm a huge Molly Ringwald fan.



Her performance in IT, is memorable, and, surprisingly, her first real big break. 
I'm excited to see what the future will bring this young, spirited red head.
Instagram | Twitter | Tumblr
Listening to: Knuckle Puck- Double Helix.


Disclaimer: None of the photos are mine but I have edited them.
I have credited where I found each photo but am unsure as to who the original photographers are.
If you know, please contact me so I give credit where necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment