Saturday 26 October 2013

I Just Want To Stay Here And Have A Good Time.



If your a One Tree Hill fan -if not then why not?- then you would know the character Chris Keller.
Well, he's played by Tyler Hilton, who is currently in the middle of a UK tour. Thursday was the first time I'd ever been to one of his shows. And oh, what a show it was!

First up was Race Car Hearts (First picture) who I hadn't heard of before. But he was good. He was funny, a little sarcastic in places and played some lovely songs. You could tell he was nervous, being the only guy on stage and being the opening act, but he played some good music.

The second support act was Paighton. Or at least half of them. I actually saw these guys a couple of weeks ago supporting Lawson, and I completely fell in love with them. But this time around they played an acoustic set -and I'm an absolute sucker for acoustic sets. I was thoroughly impressed with their performance and I'm excited to see what will happen for them in the future.




I discovered Tyler Hilton maybe 6 or 7 years ago, when I was about 13/14. He was on my favourite TV show -One Tree Hill- and I completely fell in love with his music.
I've been waiting to see him live for a long time and Thursday night was completely worth the wait.
He's one those musicians that sounds just as amazing live as he does on his CD's.
He performed an acoustic set and had even found a couple of hay bails (which had been left from a previous band) which he brought on stage. He also brought a girl out from the crowd to perform "When The Stars Go Blue" because someone requested it.

Tyler Hilton isn't exactly the most well known singer/songwriter around, which is a shame because he's one of my favourites. So, if you don't know him, check out "Kicking My Heels", "Loaded gun and "You'll Ask For Me", which are some of my favourites. And if you like him and you get a chance, definetly go see him live. The whole show was really chilled and laidback and was so ridiculously perfect, it was probably one of the best concerts I've ever been too. Plus I got to meet him afterwards which was a huge bonus. I left the venue with a huge smile on my face and a love for just about everything.

Much love.


  
Paighton (I'm not actually sure what this song is called!)                 Tyler Hilton- You'll Ask For Me

Tyler Hilton feat. Paighton- Kicking My Heels

No comments:

Post a Comment