Friday 13 April 2012

Concorde 2


Sorry for the ridiculous length this is but none could be left out.

So I've just got back from what was officially one of the best shows I have ever been to.
We Are The In Crowd, The Summer Set and Super Prime.
Unfortunately, Every Avenue had to pull out due to the lead singer getting sick.
Tonight was the first show on WATIC's first UK headline tour.
Super Prime were up first, and although few members of the crowd knew who they were, they definitely got the crowd going. Plus they did a cover of Fall Out Boy's 'Sugar we're going down', which was incredible.
The Summer Set came on next. I saw them live in May last year in London and even though they were amazing a year ago, they've definitely got ten times better. 
I'm pretty sure everyone in the crowd was jumping and dancing to their music, even if they didn't know who they were before tonight, and apparently it's been a long time since they had a mosh pit during one of their sets.
Brian did the majority of talking, while the Josh and John picked on him. (Which is the norm in that band btw)
According to them, "Brighton is a lot like Santa Monica. With Better accents, and less acid."
Brian also decided that he was going for a swim after tonight's show and John decided he wanted to find a girlfriend here so he could move to Brighton.
Their set was far too short for my liking. They could have played a couple more songs considering we had to wait almost an hour after doors opening for the first band. But still, I can't complain. They did a fantastic job tonight.
Third and finally was We Are The In Crowd. I've seen them twice previously and I swear they just get better and better.
You can easily tell they love what they do. They made an incredible connection with the crowd and got everybody moving and singing along. So much in fact that Tay often just stopped singing because the crowd was so loud and knew all the words perfectly. But the smile on her face when that happened was pretty amazing and genuine.
After the show John from TSS came out so I chatted to him for a couple of minutes about his birthday which he doesn't remember much of and how got attacked by a giant seagull that morning (which probably wasn't that big and didn't touch him)
Josh from TSS also came out so I got chatting to him about the London show and how they've gotten even better for a while. I think he was happy that I asked him how he was and actually chatted to him instead of straight up asking for a photo and autograph.
I couldn't wait for WATIC to come out as I had to leave so I asked Josh to give them the present I had for the band, which he kindly said he would.
I didn't really speak to him much last year but he's definitely one of the sweetest people I have ever met
Josh said tonight was one of the best shows they had ever played and it was definitively one of the best shows I have ever been to.



No comments:

Post a Comment