Sunday 18 March 2018

Netherlands Photo Diary.





I've been a bit MIA lately...
Work was super busy over Christmas and New years. After that, well, I just wasn't feeling like blogging. I wasn't inspired nor did I feel I had anything to talk about. Which sucks, because I do love blogging.
The last couple of weeks, I've had some time off work, so my mum and I took a trip to Holland!

We have a family friend that moved out there just over a year ago, so it was lovely to go and visit him and see what his new country of residence had to offer.

Although my mum has been to Amsterdam before, it was when she was 18, and and I had never been before so it was almost a new experience for both of us.

We spent our first 3 days exploring the countries Capital. Wandering the streets, eating waay, waay too much, and being general tourists.
Of course, we visited Anne Franks House. That was a must for me. I learned a lot, and came out feeling, well, I don't really know how to explain it. If you're ever in Amsterdam, please visit the Frank House. It's important.
On our third day, we visited the Van Gogh museum. One of my favourite artists and someone who has inspired me a lot over the years, it was amazing to see a lot of his work up close and I learned a lot about him and his inspirations.


After a few days in Amsterdam, we got the train 30 minutes south to the city of Utrecht.

Architecturally, Utrecht is very similar to Amsterdam, however it is much smaller and less-known than the capitol. Therefore, there's less tourists and is much quieter. 

Utrecht is where our friend lives, so we spent 4 days here. 
Home to the creator of the Miffy books, Dick Bruna, the city holds a museum dedicated to his work and also has Miffy traffic lights.  
We also checked out the centraal museum, ate way too much again and of course wondered and explored.

We were going to explore other parts of the Netherlands such as Den Haag and Den Bosch, but unfortunately, we ended up doing more in Utrecht than planned, so we ran out of time.


Holland is such a beautiful place and I hope one day to return and explore even more parts.
On top of that, I promise I'll get back into blogging. I miss it too much.
Much love.
Instagram | Twitter | Tumblr
Listening to: Watching Hello, My Twenties.

No comments:

Post a Comment